mandag den 9. marts 2009

We girls can do anything!!!

Barbie turns 50 today!!! My mother was born in 1959 as well but she never actually got a real Barbie doll only the knock-offs...poor her...
My mother bought me a lot af Barbies and being a very political correct woman she would also buy the black Barbies and the brunettes and redheads and give me 'working' outfits for them... My favorite was the blonde Barbie though and my favorite outfits were the huge tulle wedding dresses my mother would make for her...

My first one was dressed in a running outfit -blue shorts and a yellow and white tank top with the number 102 writting on it... I still have the ones from back then, my favorite was a Christmas gift from 1985 the beautiful Super Hair Barbie wearing a white jumpsuit and silver belt, my mother bought that one for me because she's a huge Elvis fan and thought the jumpsuit kinda looked like one Elvis would wear...


It's the girl from Poltergeist....They're here... Barbie has never looked as great as she did in the 80's...

I still collect Barbie dolls, my favorite is Astronaut Barbie from 1985 still in the box, she has a space helmet and her spacesuit can be transformed into a party outfit with thigh-high pink boots.
I really want to open the box and try the space helmet on her...maybe today is the day...
Happy Birthday!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar